Proposed Change to Library Gate Sequencer
  • I have been trying out more of the new library modules and noticed that the gate strip sequencer was triggering on every other clock pulse and messing up my euclidean rhythm. I opened it up and saw it was a bizarre design, that was probably just ported over from a previous collection. Here is a simplified version with the same layout that is about half the CPU and responds as expected to trigger inputs.

Hopefully this can be implemented in a future revision of the library modules.
  • Made an alternative layout with a reset input.
    alternative gate seq layout.audulus
  • Here’s what I hacked together a while ago from library modules. I like the idea of being able to directly control (and modulate) the length of both the sequence and the gate. Adding attack and decay and hold buttons like in the 16 step version gives you a lot to work with in a compact package but I guess that wouldn’t count as a umodule anymore...

What do you think about at least adding a knob to control the length of the sequence?
    seq strips.audulus
  • @villis Those are pretty nice! I especially like that the 16 step version has an inverted output. I was thinking that the library version should be hyper minimal, with room to modify into more elaborate permutations, such as the ones you have in your collection. The current version of the gate strip is just very very eccentric, to the point it doesn't move a step per a clock pulse. Also, I don't think any of the library sequencers use the sequencer node and I thought the gate strip would be a good fit because the library version fixed at 16 steps and only moves in one direction.

Attached is a version of the 16 gate seq with a max length knob. It's interesting to note that the switches that control the LED nodes indicating the step and max step take up way more CPU than the sequencer itself :P
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 3.10.51 PM.png
    572 x 1019 - 189K
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 3.11.36 PM.png
    1001 x 1070 - 272K
    16 gate strip with max step.audulus