Unofficial uModular patches
  • I feel that documents that have been photocopied through so many generations are almost like folk tales for some reason, like they are part of an not-exactly-oral tradition of something.
  • Pretty deep for me, but interesting none the less. I've read through it a couple of times and I think it's beginning to make a bit of sense. It has some alternatives for morphing rather than a simple cross-fade, although that's in there too.
  • Building from the event envelope I made yesterday, this is the looping trapezoid envelope inspired by the trapezoid envelope on the VSC3. This is not meant to be used as an ASR but rather as a means of periodically bringing some element (such as modulation) into and out of a mix in a way that is different than a standard LFO. The length of each segment can be extended to an arbitrary length thanks to a friendly internal layout.
    looping trapezoid envelope..audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 6.32.55 PM.png
    1020 x 710 - 53K
  • Here is another utility for quick composition. It's a quick way to grab a particular note for a sequencer or anything else.
    uNoteGrab.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 3.02.08 PM.png
    1106 x 537 - 151K
  • LPG can be a nice way to mellow the sound of your basic waveforms without bringing too much attention to the filtering. I'll definitely be using this in some future patches.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 5.22.54 PM.png
    498 x 239 - 29K
    uLPG.audulus
  • Crosspost with the pitch shift post.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 11.50.54 PM.png
    1032 x 644 - 139K
    uPitchShift.audulus
  • I've found the low pass node quite useful when what I need is a filter that doesn't drastically alter the sound. I'm not sure how it's implemented, but it seems to be efficient, and a second order filter is typically more than adequate. I do wish that Taylor had included some first order filters as well. Many of the reverb designs use a first order filter in the feedback loop and the second order seems to be too aggressive.
  • Here are the gate loops from the octocontroller. @stschoen would you take a peek inside to see if there is an easy way to display the whole pattern, and not just the current step? I am open to reworking this module as it is already a little CPU intensive for what it is.

Edit 4:11 : I removed the pattern reset as it does not seem to work. I like the concept for this module, but I am afraid it still needs some updating.

Edit 10/24: I have overhauled the interior based on the design of the @stschoen quantizer. It now displays the pattern and you can add a new pattern by turning the pattern select up to 11 and use the input down at the bottom. A pattern code generator module is stored inside the unit.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 11.47.07 PM.png
    984 x 474 - 81K
    uGateLoop.audulus
  • Here is a version of the new clock quantized to BPM increments for you EDM peoples.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.18.27 PM.png
    758 x 684 - 92K
    uBPMClock.audulus
  • @stschoen Yo, check out the updated uGateLoop, I adapted your binary to digital method to make looping patterns :)
  • @RobertSyrett, that's pretty cool. I hadn't thought of using it for a sequencer, but it's an excellent way to store a pattern in a compact form. I've tested and, at least in in it's current form, Audulus is good up to 19 bits. Above that it switches to floating point for numbers. It's certainly a good way to minimize a module's UI. I've thought about building a decimal to binary converter using constants, multiply and add nodes to reduce the CPU load. I figure it would be one way to create an arbitrary waveform. if each step were 4 bits you could get 4 samples in a single number. Four numbers would give you 16 samples. If that were half a wavelength, you would have a 32 bit wavelength. Pretty crude, but it might be interesting. Don't know if you could de-mux it fast enough to be useful, but it would be worth trying.
  • @stschoem an interesting concept! As they say, I'd like to know if it can be done in the name of science.

Edit: I should add, that I thought to design the sequencer that way because you were able to display the whole scale as well as the active step.
    Tracer Tracker.audulus
    2M
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 9.33.08 AM.png
    1374 x 1051 - 371K
  • Here is a basic stutter/freeze/loop patch for the delay node.
    uStutter.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 10.03.56 PM.png
    977 x 695 - 129K
  • This tool helps you create specific notes as a scale for @stschoen's uQuant v5.
    uQuant Scale Code Tool.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 5.25.39 AM.png
    142 x 289 - 11K
  • I built the same thing horizontally lol. I thought I included it with the module but it might have got lost along the way.
    STS uQuant.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 8.56.59 AM.png
    1670 x 1470 - 313K
  • I totally thought you did to, but I couldn't find it! Here I go reinventing the wheel just because I misplaced the old one :P
  • I actually built one when I first came up with the idea of storing the pattern in a converted binary, and then accidentally deleted it as the module evolved, so this is the second or third one I've built. Fortunately it's not too complicated.

• This erica pico mask module seemed like a perfect fit of a uModule.

uMask.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 1.28.50 AM.png
    780 x 528 - 79K

• Yet another late night youtube viewing experience inspired a simple but useful module.

This module is great for creating PWM sounds, digital ring mod, abstract rhythms, and more.
    Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.37.32 AM.png
    982 x 533 - 65K
    uWindow.audulus
  • ---------------------------
    This is just a reminder of the point where I have already submitted the above modules to the uModular project.
  • Thank you!!!!
  • While I was working on my Christmas Bells patch, I needed a clock divider that was in sync with the master clock. The flip-flops I was using delayed the first divided clock pulse for one cycle. So that if you divided by four, the first divided clock would be on the fourth input clock etc. I built an alternative to the clock divider in the uModule collection that produces a 50% duty square wave instead of gating through the input clock and starts on the initial positive clock. It could be handy in some situations.
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 6.31.45 PM.png
    2968 x 2472 - 938K
    uDiv V1.audulus
  • I updated my ES-8 CV converter utility to transpose for oscillators that are tuned to C. After buying mutable instruments Yarns, I was convinced by pichenettes that eurorack tuning devices are labeled and calibrated around the presumption of tuning to a low C. The addition of transposing Audulus's 0 voltage note should accommodate people who have other CV quantizers and such as a Makenoise Rene or a WMD Arpitecht so all the labeling matches.
    Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 4.20.11 PM.png
    1004 x 759 - 61K
    uVPO.audulus
  • I streamlined the uRhodes piano, it should run on any platform on full polyphony.
    uRhodes V2.audulus