Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 2.03.39 PM.png
    1133 x 637 - 274K
    Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 2.03.46 PM.png
    960 x 540 - 276K
    Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 2.03.53 PM.png
    960 x 540 - 223K
    CSlooper8.audulus
  • Uploaded fixed patch!
  • @biminiroad if/when you have some time, can you explain what this module really does? I am having trouble understanding what it actually does, besides remembering somehow when I move the green knob, and using S&H to remember last 8 something. sorry for being a bit slow :-S
  • @fferreres - it's a knob motion recorder. It only records when it notices a difference in the knob's value from one moment to the next - otherwise, it is looping and playing it back. It's meant as a demonstration of how the S&H node can be cascaded to make samples over time. One way you could use it is if you hooked it up to an XY grid, like this (attached). To use the XY grid, draw a connection down from the output above the field of inputs - do not let go of the connection, but swipe it around in the field like you would any XY pad. Then move the connection off the field and let it go - you'll see that you've just recorded an XY gesture that will loop at the speed/direction of the LFO that you have running each looper.
    CSLooper Example.audulus
  • Oh, I see why it uses the delta and why has like a param to sample movement not at audio rate but slower, then the LFO is how to traverse the 8 values, and why it has a read and write (movements starts recording). Will be useful when we get an X-Y (I saw your patch that is very creative using Inouts and one output too).

I can see this having so many uses.

Thanks!

I was reading in another thread that pointed to it that you could do a delay line with many S&H. I arrived there, as I was trying to think how I'd do a FILO (First in Last Out), so was looking at ideas.

Do you know how you'd do a buffer that is FILO? Where each (fixed) output would return the n-th (oldest) value, as the buffer evolves. Maybe it'd be a just a chain of S&H each connecting to another through a FeedbackDelay, with same trigger for all?

Federico
  • @fferreres, I'm not sure I follow, but I bet @macromachines would. He just showed me something last night that was an even more clever way to do this using less complicated circuitry.
  • Ok thanks. Suppose a signal is 1,2,3,4,5, 6, 7, etc and I want a buffer of the past "n" ones and to access each independently, the buffer would contain: 1, 2, 3, then 2, 3, 4, then 3, 4, 5, etc.... And each value (1st, 2nd, 3rd position) accessible at any time (each value has output).

At audio rate this would be the same as accessing z, z(-1), z(-2). Maybe the question is too dumb, as maybe it's just not possible until a sample node, not even in a very inefficient way.
  • @fferreres - If I understand you correctly, I'm almost certain this is something you can do with the thing that macromachines built
  • I'll search for it (bows), thanks
  • Oh, @fferreres he hasn't posted it yet - I @'ted him so that he might chime in and explain this recorder thing he came up with - I don't fully understand it myself haha.