Midi Nodes
  • First let me thank you for your time and support. I am using Audulus 3 on Mac Book Pro. Unfortunately I am missing the nodes/modules-drag and drop bar at the bottom (from your demo videos) - or are there main differences between the systems versions, i missed? I put modules in via crtl-menue-function only.
    Some of the modules I can't use the right way. Or misunderstand it , like the "keyboard"- Module. (see attached) The module is there, but no keyboard to connect. Or did'nt I get it right? Thank you!
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-10 um 15.23.47.png
    1122 x 826 - 77K
  • @holculus - The videos you are seeing are of the iPad version. On the Mac version just right click or cmd click anywhere in the screen and a dropdown menu will show up with all of the modules and nodes.

The keyboard node is a way to connect an external midi controller. Just make sure your midi controller is plugged in before you start Audulus. If you don't have a midi keyboard, you can try this patch. Its a little keyboard module I made for when I don't have a midi keyboard. The default octave is very low so be aware that you will have to hit the up button a few times to hear something.
    Keyboard.audulus
  • Thank you drewyah, for your quick answer and the patch! So the module-menu is ipad only? Do you know, if there is a plan for the Mac version? (I am aware of the "right click cmd" function). Is there a list of the main differences between desktop and iOS version somewhere?
    Thank you for your time and support!
  • The module menu is actually going to disappear in the iOS version soon - it's not necessary in the Mac version because you have the right click menu. We're going to have something that's faster and more streamlined in the iOS version than the module browser - it will basically "give back" more screen real estate - especially for iPhone users whose entire screen is blocked by the module browser.

The differences between the versions are cosmetic only, really. We are going to have an on screen keyboard soon with Audulus that doesn't require the browser view.

Let me know if you have any more questions! Thanks for assist @drewyeah
  • Ok, thank you biminiroad. Really impressed from Audulus, the team behind and how many creative ideas your concept is bringing to life. Looking forward to the next steps! Indeed there is a small question, sure simle for you: how one can manage a "open gate" with audulus? I am owner of a Vermona Perfourmer MK2 and trying to build a Audulus version. But as I do not have Modular background, I am a confused how to hadle that gate stuff. Thanks again and kind regards, Paul
  • @holculus - no problem!

Gates open when a signal goes from 0 to a non-zero positive value. They close when they go back to zero. Gates can be created by square waves, by sequencers, by your keyboard, by random S&H values...really many, many things.

If you give me a more specific description of where this gate is and what it's doing, I can give you a more specific instruction on how to make the type of gate you want.

If you check out the new Cascading Squares module at the bottom of the thread linked below, you will see that the green on/off lights can be used as gates.

http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/880/library-revamp-beta-testing#Item_36

• Thank you biminiroad, that's perfect. A last question regarding phaseshift LFOs:
    I want to sync 3 LFOs to one Master LFO. But want to phaseshift those 3 Slave LFOs via 3 knobs to get phasing effects. Actually I am changing the LFOs expressions "sin(x)" to something like sin(x+0.5) or other numbers. It's working, but I have to type in every single change manualy. Do you know a simpler solution? Thanks again for your help,
    Paul
  • You can do sin(x+y) and then y will become a port for another knob you can attach - is that what you're asking for?
  • I think what you're looking for is sin(x+(knob*(2*pi))) if you want to be able to shift the phase 360 degrees, and sin(x+(knob*pi)) to shift it 180. Where x is the master phaser and the knob should be the standard 0-1. However any 0-1 signal will work. Even another LFO!
  • A comment for the last comment: you dont need parenthesis in multiplications, so (knob*2*pi) its enough.
  • @Restart - you're right I was just using parenthesis for clarification. Actually you can just use sin(x+knob*2*pi).
  • @drewyeah you are righter jajaja! 1 question (offtopic but for dont open another discussion): do you save cpu if you write less but the same information in a math expression?
  • Great, thanks to you guys!
  • @restart - nope - you just save a minimal fractional tiny bit of file size
  • sin(x+(knob*pi)) expression for square wave offset too?