"Best" A:B Switch?
  • I saw the Jan. 24, 2016 "2 Minute Tip" about the "Best AB Switch". There are two things I don't understand:

1. The description says it "works in both directions". What does that mean?

2. On my system it seems to take more CPU time than the crossfader node implementation, so it's not more efficient, and it seems more complex than the crossfader node version. So what makes this version "best"?

--
    Moose
  • It's like a two port mux/demux combo. It will be irrelevant when we have arbitrary mux/demux input/outputs, which is coming.

You can route a signal to A or B (you can't do this with a crossfade node), or you can route A or B to a signal (you can do this with a crossfade node).

"Best" is an opinion that I, not Audulus as a company, have about that (it's why it's on my channel). It's the best because it's the most versatile and elegant, not because it's the most CPU efficient. You also don't need separate logic to drive the lights.
  • > You can route a signal to A or B (you can't do this with a crossfade node)

Ah! I saw that in the video but didn't get the point. Thanks for explaining.
  • No problem! I think you'll really enjoy #15, stay tuned ;)