Elektron Intros $25 Audio/CV Split Cable Kit
  • Hi. This device looks interesting. For connecting Audulus with external CV devices.
    http://eu.elektron.se/accessories/audio-cv-split-cable-kit/
  • Interesting, I'd like to know more if someone has gone down this route yet.
  • That just looks like a passive stereo splitter adapter cable.
    There are way cheaper solutions to get from stereo to mono.

• Not exactly. If you want to use Audio In/Out to control CV it has to be DC coupling Audio In/Out, or use a kind of attenuator, because regular Audio interface cannot produce required 5Volts. Some MOTU interfaces have DC coupling In/Out.
  • +42 on the motu, dc io works fine and they continue to update all of their drivers. still using an 896hd after nearly 10 years, never a problem
  • Hm, I could be wrong, but DC coupled only means that there are no inline caps that remove the DC component out of the signal (CV's). A regular passive stereo to mono splitter cable has no caps inline so it is also DC coupled. The unit linked above has no power supply included so I assumed that it is a passive device that supplies no voltages either.
    It neither blocks nor provides DC voltages, it only allows connections between stereo 1/4" and 1/8" to mono passively. (just like a much cheaper regular stereo to mono splitter cable) At least that's what it looks like to me.

"...or use a kind of attenuator, because regular Audio interface cannot produce required 5Volts." I don't know what you mean by this...?

I still have the old 828mk2, collecting dust. :/