Help with sampling.
  • I know there's something super-simple that I'm just not noticing, but I'm having a bit of trouble being able to find the sample module. It used to be under the synth menu...
  • Hm. There's a sample and hold under the Synthesis menus on the Mac and iOS versions. If that's what you're looking for and it's missing, then there's a problem.

There's also a sample rate node under the DSP menu.
  • Ohhh, spoke to soon, obviously. I only today got the Mac version.

Yeah, I don't see the Sample node under Synthesis either. @Taylor, is it supposed to be there? Here's what I see: http://take.ms/wmOS1
  • Oops, I forgot to remove the Sample node from the docs.

I've killed it for now until I can do a better version.

Sorry about that!
    - Taylor
  • @Taylor, would the AUSampler plugin work to do the same thing? I have no idea how to use it. :)
  • @jjthrash, it might, I don't really know how to use it either.
  • @MillyRad, If you're on a Mac, it looks like AUAudioFile Player will do what you want. On iOS, depending on what you're doing, using AudioShare and Audulus together to loop a sample might work, though not for more specific stuff.
  • Does that mean sample & hold doesn't work on the mac? I'm trying to recreate the synth in the video Building a Synth from Scratch and don't get a variable rate from the sample & hold node - just a constant value.
  • For reference, this is what I'm seeing in audulus

mac - version 2.10.4
    samplehold.png
    2058 x 1578 - 127K
  • Turns out I a didn't fully rtfm. Carry on.