Noob question?
  • Hi,

I got Audulus on my iPad and love it so much that I got it on my mac too! But I can't seems to find the plugin to open it in Ableton Live 9. I've installed the audio unit and done everything I think I need to do, but still no Audulus in Ableton!?! Either i'm a complete numpty (not the first time) or I'm guessing it's because I'm running LIVE 9 64bit and Audulus needs to be made 64bit too?

Thanks
    Tim
  • Hey Tim, you're right, the Audulus Audio Unit is only 32 bit. However, I've eliminated all the the 32-bit-only code so I'll be releasing a 64-bit version fairly soon. Sorry about that!

The 32-bit version of Ableton requires a whole separate install, right?

- Taylor
  • Hi Taylor

Not sure about 32bit Ableton requiring a whole other install. But if 64bit Audulus is happening soon then great, I'll carry on building synths on my iPad and move the lot to the macbook when I can run them in Ableton.
    It's happening soon right? Like this week? ;-)

Thanks
    Tim
  • Hey Tim, well it might happen pretty soon if you can help me in testing it ;-)

cheers
    - Taylor
  • Hi Taylor,

If you still want help testing I'd be more than happy to help but I see you've put v2 to apple for approval already. Does this have 64bit support or is that next project?

Tim

• Hey Tim, thanks for the offer! I'll send you an invitation for the next beta testing period.

2.0 is still 32-bit, but it eliminates the remaining 32-bit-only code, so the switch to 64-bit for the Mac and AU versions should be coming up next (I just don't want to change too much in one version).

cheers
    - Taylor
  • Hi Taylor,

I thought that'd be the case and it's a sensible move.

Beta testing 64bit would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks
    Tim
  • Hi Taylor,

That was my Spastim review for the UK. Thought some real world experience might help potential buyers? Whatever glad I can help. :)

I have both iPad and Mac version already but will let you know what version I want as will gift it to someone. Will PM you when I know!

Fanks
    Tim
  • Wait a minute, you're ditching 32-bit AU? Aw, man. I don't want to go 64 on my host yet—only have 4GB of RAM, and a lot of my plugins are still 32-bit.

booooo.
  • @odoyle, no I will have a "fat" version which includes both 32 and 64 bit binaries, no need to worry :-)

cheers
    - Taylor
  • @Electroblaster, excellent! Thanks again for the review! I'll keep an eye out for your PM :-)

cheers
    - Taylor
  • @Taylor, sweeeet! Thanks, man. Most responsive dev ever. Just sayin'

:)