New to Audulus and wondering...
  • ...if anyone might have some basic patches that include the Seq16 I could look at?

Hi everyone, I'm exploring Audulus now and I have to say this is a really beautiful piece of software. I've played with apps like Reaktor and Plogue Bidule in the past but they can be daunting to say the least (especially Reaktor).

I love the UI experience in Audulus, it's extremely inspiring and it's actually making me want to learn more about the actual building of synths, effects and other sonic modular tools.

With that in mind I'm trying to wrap my head around how the Seq16 node works because it seems really different from other step sequencers I've used in the past. I'd like to use the Kirnu arp AU along with the Seq16 to create audio soundscapes with both built-in synths and 3rd party AU instruments. Right now I use Ableton Live and DSP-Quattro as hosts so I can record audio output.

If anyone has some basic patches using the Seq16 that I could learn from it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Welcome Jason! The Seq16, which admittedly could use a better UI and more features, has a clock input and then 16 other inputs which it cycles through. It goes to the next input one every time the clock signal goes from negative to positive. I've attached a little patch to demonstrate.

The first patch in this thread makes use of the Seq16: http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/20/new-patches/p1

What's neat about the Seq16 is that the inputs don't have to have constant values. You can feed audio signals into them if you'd like.

hope that helps!
    - Taylor
    Seq16-Example.audulus
  • Thank you Taylor, I'll have a look at this and see if it helps!

Jason
  • I'm sure I put up a patch in the new patch thread that uses the seq node to cycle through different modulators used to control a filter, it's called Deisel Bass. I have also used the Seq node in more conventional ways to create sequences of notes. You can use a bunch of keyboard nodes connected to the Seq inputs to set your note values as the keyboard node always outputs the last key played. I've also used the Seq as an oscillator.
  • Cool, I'll check it out. Thank you both!

-Jason